I recently had the need to re-create the as
the original was near impossible. I had the
steering wheel re-cast and wanted to a
couple of companies on-line and Forsch
Polymer answered my request.
I have never cast anything before this so it
was a learning experience. I'm sure I did
some things wrong but I'm still pretty
pleased with the results. I cast it in a 2 part
mold. The pictures show the results. I had
cast lines that I sanded with a 600 wet/dry
paper then I smoothed it with 2000 wet/dry.
The shine that this would have if it had just
been cast is gone but I really wasn't
expecting a high gloss shine.
Bill with Forsch Polymer was a great help.
If I have a need to do any other casting
during this restoration, he will be the first I
Thanks so much
The Kickastra Rally Team (see
years now to make stronger
engine mounts for our rally cars.
The first of our Vauxhall rally cars,
an Astra MK2 GTE was run in
standard form but suffered from a
lot of engine standard mounts
with 94A urethane. When we
upgraded to the Mk3 Astra GSi
in which we ran a modified
engine and again used the 94A
urethane to create stronger more
durable engine mounts out of the
standard ones. More recently we
again upgraded the car to a MK4
Astra SRi which now sports a
240Hp engine and a sequential
gearbox, and the choice for
engine mounts was once more a
standard mount filled with 94A
All these cars were based in
Barbados and rallied extensively
here. My brother who is based in
Germany also has a rally car, a
MK4 Astra OPC, and this car
was driven in 3 WRC rallies,
Wales Rally GB in 2006 and
2007 and then the Neste Oil Rally
Finland in 2009. In each case we
used the 94A urethane for our
The urethane has proven easy to
work with - so much so that while
in our cabin on the ferry on the
way to do Rally Finland, we
made up a couple of extras.
While the urethane-filled mounts
have been able to absorb the
punishment of competitive
rallying, they still have enough
compliance that they do not
transmit vibration into the car and
we have never had a
urethane-filled mount fail in any of
our cars. Attached are a couple
of photos of urethane-filled
mounts on our current MK4 Astra
I have used the 80A kit that you supply to
energysuspensionparts.com and it
worked great for filling a motor mount, but
I have a new vehicle now and want to fill
my motor mounts again.
Custom Color Matching
I own a 1967 Thunderbird with power windows. The parts for these vintage birds are very
hard to find, if at all.The rear power window on my passenger side failed to work
although you could hear the motor humming; upon taking it apart, there is a thick rubber
piece that fits at the top of the motor between two gears. This rubber piece split, causing
the gears not to work together as they should. This was my problem and no one makes
new parts to fit. I found Bill with Forsch Polymer Corp. through one of the parts vendors I
use for my 1967 Thunderbird; he suggested I give him a call. Spoke to Bill and explained
my dilemma; sent pictures of the part needing repair. Very soon after, I got a call from Bill
telling me he could help me and to send the part along. He assured me he could fix the
problem. I sent it and got it back in less than two weeks and let me say, it looks brand
new;it fits perfectly in the motor housing and is the correct width for the gears to work
properly. With these old Ford window motors, the existing rubber used, fails and the
window no longer operates, although the motor is still good.
I can tell you that Bill and his guys at Forsch Polymer Corp. obviously know their stuff. I am
going to recommend this "fix" to other T-Bird guy's I speak with, who need this or any
similar parts repaired, where a polymer fill will work.
I wouldn't hesitate for a nano second in recommending this company. Bill is excellent to
deal with and above all, 'Delivers what he promises'...
Thanks Dick Weckel in Raleigh, N.C.